How to write SEO articles to get more traffic?


You have started a blog or site but you aren’t getting enough traffic probably because you don’t know how to write SEO articles. It might make you to feel baffled that even after writing such good articles why don’t people come to read them. The most probable reason is that your works are not Search Engine Optimized! Many times it happens that you receive emails for optimization provided by different services. Well that might cost you a lot if you wish to make a long term deal and pay them to work. Or alternatively, you can just read my post and learn to do it by yourself today only.

Why you should write SEO articles for your blogs and sites?

The reason is simple. That type of articles puts your site in a good rank in the search engines. So, if you are in the first page or say at least three pages of the search engine then there will be more chances of people visiting your site and reading it. This means you will get more traffic. In other words Search Engine Optimized articles are those articles which the search engines love the most. In other words these articles are designed to “woo” the search sites to index them in the first pages. The mechanism about how the pages are indexed, I’ll discuss in a different post, but today I’ll focus on writing SEO articles exclusively.

How to Write Search Engine Optimized articles?

Before I tell you about what you need to know about this topic, let me share my personal experience, about how I learned this technique. It was back in 2009, I started my first ever blog on some topic. At that time I was a newbie and had no idea about optimization of articles for search engines. So I made a couple of posts in that blog, about 5 of them and all of them are well written. Now what was the result?  After one and half months I received only 28 visitors, and about half of the hits were mine. [Laugh].  Now, that put a negative impact on me because everyone wants their work to be read, so I gave up blogging at that time. After that I became a freelance writer for some time and it is from my clients from whom I learnt to write search engine optimized articles. After learning this art, I started blogging again, applying the things I have learnt, it worked like a charm and soon my new blog attracted a good amount of traffic within months and more than 75 per cent of my pages got indexed in the first two pages. Today, I will pass on to you an aspect of writing SEO articles that I learnt from my experience.

The first thing you must know about is what is a “keyword” or a “key phrase”. Those are the word/group of words that people searches on the search engines like Google or Bing. When you write an article you should select a keyword that is most likely to be searched. The important thing is that the keyword must be in the title of the post. Now, there are major and minor keywords. The major is the one that which must be present in the title and but the minor ones need not. Try to determine one major and at least 1-4 minor keywords for your article. After that write a suitable title for your article which includes the major keyword you have chosen. Coming to the post, one of the most vital things is to include the major keyword in the first line of your post. If that’s not possible make sure that the keyword is present in the first paragraph at least. Remember that! Now as you write the articles, try to include major keyword in each paragraph if possible but you must end the article with that word in the last line or paragraph if not possible. Coming to the minor ones, they should be evenly interspersed throughout the article you have written. But remember one thing; don’t force the words in to a sentence which doesn’t make any sense and most people make the mistake here by just stuffing their creation with keywords. It should go with the flow always otherwise the crawlers will find them to be valueless and give a bad rank to your pages in searches.

How many or what should be the keyword density in a SEO article?

This is also an important aspect of writing a SEO article cause, too much keyword or key phrases may mark your page to be spamming. They keyword density which is found after researches is that it is best if it is between 2 to 3 per cent. That means if you write an article of 100 words, you should repeat the keywords about 2 to 3 times at max, for 200 word articles about 4 to 6 times and so on. So, be careful while doing this cause if you do it the wrong way it might have a negative effect. It’s good if you could right at least three paragraphs with a minimum of 300 words. I mean you should do that.

Also Read: What should be the optimal keyword density for SEO?

Summarizing the technique of Search Engine Optimization article writing.

So let us recap what you have learned today. If you are just reading this section, I would ask you to scroll up and read the entire post or it won’t make any sense. Here is the summary.
  • Always write articles that are informative and are of good quality, avoid grammatical and spelling mistakes
  • Use major and minor keywords (not mandatory) with the major one included in your post title.
  • Don’t force the words; it should go with the flow.
  • Keep the words density in between 2 to 3 per cent.
  • Try to write a minimum of three hundred words article with at least three paragraphs.

I bet after reading this you are all set to write your first ever Search Engine Optimized Article. Well, there are lots of other aspects to consider while optimizing pages for search engines, but this technique takes on a big bite of this art. A greater portion of work is accomplished if you apply these methods to your writings. With this let me end this piece about how to write SEO articles for your webpages and I hope it will work for you too just like it did for me.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }